Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What's Going On


Plagiarising 4 non-blondes:
"Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
And I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means"
This blog - actually this blogger - is emerging from a dark place. Some would simply say "the ends justify the means" or "survival".Whatever.
In keeping a diary of sorts to track my attempts to survive the financial meltdown circa 2008, I had hoped to observe something about society's nobility; about Man's spirit of sacrifice for the greater good.
Suffice to say, I detect cannibalism in different guises, clothed with social labels of legitimacy. Emperor's clothes, indeed.
In short, I started out thinking this will not be like the Great Depression of the 20's.
I ended realising that while the financial conditions are better than the earlier age, the cohesiveness was much stronger in the last century.
Call me prophet of doom, but I think we're headed for something worse in the days ahead unless we re-discover our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment