Monday, May 25, 2009

Exaggerations In An Age Of Selfishness

I am as against false modesty as the next person; but self aggrandisement repels me in equal, if not stronger, measure.
Why the outrage? Well, where do I begin? Right. I started this blog as someone concerned about the financial upheaval in which Wall Street threatens to completely overwhelm main street. I did very poorly in Economics in my GCE A Levels (actually it is regarded as an 'O' level subject at Pre-university level). I would never presume to question the wisdom of professors in economics.
But, look what happened!? Prof Paul Krugman foresaw the "Return of Depression Economics". I said in Feb 2009 that this is NOT as bad.
I think I should either:
A. Claim to be Nostradamus' successor; or
B. Anticipate a conspiracy theory to divert attention and resources from the problem of climate change, carbon emission, and the depletion of the ozone layer.
They now talk about the H1N1 Swine flu "pandemic". WHO now says it may have "overreacted". What are the people in charge doing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment